Friday, May 21, 2010

key01-yaaMarshmallow fondant cake - LV

w-iron04b

DSC02479

w-iron04b

As mom request, she wants a super Louis Vuitton cake for her friend
I found many inspiration on the Internet
and decided to make a simple one
I do not have the time to order a printed chocolate with the monogram
So Royal icing is the way to go =)
The cake turned out pretty good
It is sponge cakelayer coffee butter cream
(for the sponge cake I bake them in two 6" pan, and cut off 1/4 of the bottom to create the shape for this purse)
for the marshmallow fondant you can review the post here
I simply just add cocoa powder when I knead it instead of using icing sugar to get the brown leather color

In this post, I will teach you how to make royal icing without egg

Royal icing Recipe:
Meringue powder 20g (you can get this at bulk barn or other baking supply store)
Warm water 100g ( I used tap water)
Icing sugar(sifted) 600g (add more if needed)

The reason of why I say add more if need is because the consistency of icing would change depends on the temperature and weather

1- First mix meringue powder and warm water on a large bowl, whisk until foamy
2- Continue mixing on mid speed, you want all the liquid is gone
3- On a low speed, slowly mix in icing sugar, 1/3 at a time
4- Before using the icing you must cover up the icing with a damp cloth to prevent it from drying, royal icing crust very fast, if they have sit there for more then 15min you need to stir it a little for a smooth consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin